Sunday, November 29, 2009

More Paper Doll Sketches

Here's all the sketches that are in so far. They are all perfect! Some people took them further than I expected, but that's wonderful! Thank you all!






These first two are from artist Natalia Pierandrei for the song "The Umbrella Waltz." See my earlier post on how it came to be. She's completely amazing and my favorite artist right now.




This girl in the red dress is done by my friend Kate Jorgensen (formerly McCullough) for the song "Mr. Dick." With the dress, she totally nailed the 20's vibe of the song.



This beautiful bare woman is a picture of Eve in crazy dreads done by my raw food friend Jill Ahlgren for the song "In Eve's Skin." Awesome.



Next is the first sketch I recieved by my friend Tina Gilbert for the song "Wild Ponies." I love the riding outfit. Sad to say, for how obvious it is, I never would have thought of that. She also has a gown on the lower part of the paper. The paper was a oversized piece of "where's waldo"-like book. Perfect! Too funny.



My wonderfully talented sister Joy Caza has created this drawing for "Elephants Can Fly." She managed to wrap the costume up so as you can't tell which side I'm flying for, just like the song. (As a side note, if you'd like to know which side I'm on, just ask. *wink*)



This painting was done by my amazingly talented husband John White for the song "The Blue Room." He comes from the punk era, and it shows but I love that his personality is in the costume so completely. He was the only one I trusted with this song. I feel a little bold for writing it and playing it, but the arrangement the band (Travis Crotteau and Tyler Dubla) has come up with has blown me away more than any of the arrangements for the CD.


A few more sketches to come... Thank you all!

No comments: