Thursday, November 5, 2009

Paper Doll Sketches

I thought as long as these ladies were posting it, I would make mention of it here. As you may or may not know, I've asked some friends to participate in the artwork for my next album (title TBA.)

First up was from my new friend Tina Gilbert. She dropped off a sketch to go with my song "Wild Ponies." It is an adorable little riding outfit. I will post a pic soon! I thought to ask her because she's an amazing seamstress!

My sister Joy Caza did a drawing for the song "Elephants Can Fly." She completely captured the whimsy. Again, no photo online yet. Sorry!

A week or so ago, I received one from a friend going way back, Kate Jorgensen/McCullough. I asked her to come up with an outfit for the song "Mr. Dick." She came up with a fiery, strong woman blazing guns at the viewer. Amazing. Check out her drawing at Kate's Blog.

Natalia Pierandrei is a talented artist that I've been watching over the months. I first found her works on DeviantArt and continue to be amazed by her style. So............I put on my bold hat and emailed her asking if she would be interested in participating in creating a drawing for the upcoming album. Through the emails with her, I have come to regard her as a very sweet, generous person! She has come up with two incredible sketches for my song "The Umbrella Waltz." Check them out at Nati's Blog.

No comments: